What Christians Should Believe  

Posted by People in , , ,


Part of my studying I do is listening to other pastors. I like to hear what God is laying on their hearts to teach. I enjoy receiving from a good teacher. I get inspiration to either research what they are teaching or learn from their mistakes. One pastor that I have grown fond of over the past year is Mark Driscoll. He ministers in Seattle, Washington and has a passion for his city that I have not seen in any pastor, minister, preacher, or evangelist. He did a series a few months back on Doctrine that was amazing to listen to. I shared the material with my elders and then taught similar material on a Wednesday night for 9 weeks. I still have 4 weeks left and our congregation is loving it. Here are some of the points from week one.


There is only One God.
• “. . . the LORD is God; there is no other besides him” (Deut. 4:35).
• “. . . there is no god beside me” (Deut. 32:39).
• “. . . you alone are God” (Ps 86:10).
• “Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me” (Isa. 43:10).
• “I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God” (Isa. 45:5).
• “. . . the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God” (1 Tim. 1:17).
• “. . . there is one God” (1 Tim. 2:5).

All other gods are demonic false gods.
• “. . . the only true God” (John 17:3).
• “They sacrificed to demons that were no gods” (Deut. 32:17).
• “. . . what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons” (1 Cor. 10:20).

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at Wednesday, December 03, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment