The Blessed Truth  

Posted by People


The truth is I’m mostly ineffectual. I sin. I mess things up. Often, I can’t fully live up to even the mediocre goals I set for myself. In the midst of a life of discovering over and over that, yet again, I am not the man, the husband, the son, the pastor or the Christian I would love to be. So here it is...many feel there must be something that they can do to achieve the ultimate spiritual medallion. God’s Word says He removed my sin from me as far as the east is from the west (Ps. 103:12). Elsewhere Scripture states that while I was still a sinner Christ died for me. That sums it up. As a Christian do I want to systematically destroy myself? No. At work in me I see the grace of God. I see the love of Jesus through the OT fulfilled in the NT; were it not for grace where would I be? Where would you be? Jesus transformed my heart causing the desires of humanity to decrease and a love for the Spiritual to increase. May it ever continue. I love serving the Lord Jesus Christ!

This entry was posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 at Monday, August 11, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment