The Well & Beyond  

Posted by People in , ,

This was a trip to dedicate a water well for some orphans. It turned out to be so much more. When we arrived the children were so welcoming. They were ready to laugh and play with us. They loved to sing and learn. I was amazed at how smart they were. I was touched to learn that I was the one that was going to be blessed.
We brought games, jump rope, bubbles, puppets, skits, crafts, volley balls, soccer balls, and a lot of love. I was thankful for our teenage boys that came. Josiah, Matt, and Brandon played with the children non-stop for 8 days. Every chance they had our boys were with the children. This was an element that made our team very tangible to the orphans. We were not there just to minister from a far. We were there to bring them love that they could remember and I feel that it was successful. There were many tears upon our departure, both from the team and the children. That will leave a lasting memory with me.
There was a full day that was dedicated to a conference for the children. This day was set up very much like a VBS would run here in the states. Allie McCray did a great job of organizing this day. She had the entire team working together to bless and minister to the children. Allie left such an impression that Pastor John Okinda asked her to come back next year and do it for a week! She said okay and the time is being worked out as this is being written.
I will do these posts as installments. If I don't it will be too long to write and read. I want to thank all of my church family and extended friends that prayed for us while we were gone. It was truly felt and appreciated.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 6, 2008 at Tuesday, May 06, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment